The Ministry of Health is not recommending any changes to the Australian travel bubble after the announcement of a community case in Melbourne, stating the health risk is low.
Victorian Health authorities are following up contacts at a workplace from May 5 and have published seven locations of interest, four of which are categorised as "tier 1" which recommends people get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from exposure.
The man is believed to have returned from overseas and engaged in hotel quarantine in South Australia, before leaving and returning to Victoria on May 4th.
The man from Wollert developed symptoms on Saturday and has returned a positive result after getting tested on Monday.
Victorian health authorities are undertaking a "full public health response", the state Department of Health said in a statement.
Sydney’s Covid-19 Restrictions Have Been Extended
For its first two weeks, the hub will be open to people in categories 1a and 1b before expanding to anyone over 50 from May 24. The NSW government extended Greater Sydney's restrictions by another week after failing to identify the missing link.
"It is a possibility that after that transfer that, if this person was released, there was some form of transmission of the virus", she said.
Anyone who visited those sites at the listed times has been urged to self-isolate, get tested, quarantine for 14 days and contact the Department of Health.
The ministry's public health risk assessment was based on information provided by Victorian health authorities.
"The ministry will be requesting airlines communicate this message to anyone flying to New Zealand from Victoria in the next 24 hours".
He is isolating at home with his household close contacts.
World Health Organization says COVID-19 variant found in India 'of concern'
Surge testing is to start in Nottingham for two weeks after a rise in cases of the Indian variant of Covid. Additional information is expected to be released Tuesday, she said.
The Health Department says it has arranged urgent testing to confirm the result and until then it is treating the man as a positive case.
The man is now being interviewed and exposure sites are being checked.
According to the ABC, the man, who is in his 30s, recently returned to Australia and undertook hotel quarantine in South Australia.
Genomics testing will be conducted to determine if there is a link.
Victoria had no immediate plans to elevate social distancing or mask-wearing rules, said Sutton, adding it was possible the man caught the virus in quarantine in Australia and not in India.
Iranian Fast Boats Harass US Ships, Submarine in Strait of Hormuz
Central Command's General Kenneth "Frank" McKenzie told a virtual audience last month. The Iranian vessels left after 30 warning shots were fired, the Pentagon said.