However advisers talked him out of the attack, warning it could spark a broader conflict.
President Donald Trump asked senior advisers last week about launching a strike against Iran in response to its growing nuclear program, an alarming new report claims. But officials told the Times that Trump may still be looking for ways to attack Iran or Iranian assets before his term ends.
'The situation will improve.' Iran's message has softened since Biden defeated Trump in the U.S. presidential election.
However, the president's advisors, including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the acting Defense Secretary Christopher C. Miller, and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, warned that a strike against Iran's nuclear facilities could easily escalate into a broader conflict.
Robinson Cano Suspended For Banned Substance Again, Mets 'Extremely Disappointed'
It was his highest batting average in a season since 2010, when he finished third in voting for the American League MVP award. This is Cano's second positive test for the steroid stanozolol after receiving an 80-game ban in 2018.
"Sanctions are part of the pressures creating a new Middle East, bringing together countries that suffer the consequences of Iran's violence and seek a region more peaceful and stable than before", he said in a statement. Iran announced a partial withdrawal from the deal in May 2019, and that July the Iranian government announced that Tehran had begun to increase uranium enrichment beyond the purity threshold it agreed to as part of a landmark nuclear deal. "There is no imminent threat that would warrant a military strike".
The White House declined comment.
Trump made the request during an Oval Office meeting on Thursday with his top national security aides.
A report from the International Atomic Energy Agency found that Iran now had a stockpile of more than 2442kg of low-enriched uranium, enough to produce about two nuclear weapons.
But Trump said the Obama-led deal was "defective at its core" and reinstated United States sanctions in an attempt to force Iran's leaders to negotiate a replacement.
Aston Martin to share F1 safety car duties with Mercedes, reports say
It said Aston Martin's new DBX SUV, which uses a Mercedes-AMG V8 engine, would be used as a medical vehicle . The company deepened its collaboration with the Mercedes F1 team, which now owns 20% of Aston Martin.
In January, Trump ordered a USA drone strike that killed Iranian General Qassem Soleimani at Baghdad's airport.
Risks of Escalation. Meanwhile, rockets apparently fired by an Iran-backed militia hit a U.S. complex in Baghdad.
Mr Shomali added: "The reactionary and anti-people leaders of the ruling regime in Iran and the U.S. government should not be permitted to drive the Middle East region once again into the abyss of fire and blood with another disastrous war".
He added that Israel should not repeat its past mistakes, which saw the Jewish State left out of the negotiating room when the Obama administration entered the 2015 Iran deal. Check back for updates.
This story is breaking.
Liverpools Mo Salah tests positive for coronavirus again
The league said the individuals who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus would now self-isolate for 10 days. The Egyptian FA have confirmed that midfielder is now isolating in line with medical protocols.