Iran ‘ready for war’ over oil attack blame

Iran ‘ready for war’ over oil attack blame

Iran ‘ready for war’ over oil attack blame

"Based on the attack on Saudi Arabia, which may have an impact on oil prices, I have authorized the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, if needed, in a to-be-determined amount." tweeted the US President.

A group of Yemeni rebels known as the Houthis have taken credit for the drone strikes, but Trump administration officials like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have blamed Iran.

"Our region is like a powder keg, ' warned Brig Gen Amir Ali Hajizadeh. 'When forces come into contact with one another, a conflict could happen because of a misunderstanding.' He was also quoted as saying that Iran is 'ready for war".

Iran has dismissed accusations by the USA that it was behind coordinated strikes on Saudi Arabia's oil fields, saying that this assessment was a "maximum falsification" that "ignored" logic.

It's being described as an unprecedented attack on the world's energy supply.

"In global relations, even "hostility" [should have] a minimum degree of credibility and logical frameworks, but the USA officials have ignored even such minimum principles", Abbas Mousavi, a spokesperson for Iran's Foreign Ministry, said in a Sunday statement, according to Iran's Tasnim News Agency.

Andhra Pradesh: 11 dead after boat capsizes in Godavari River
The Chief Minister also ordered all the available ministers in the district to rush to the scene and supervise the rescue work. Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced an ex gratia of ₹5 lakh to each of kin of victims from the state.


The Saudi oil sites attacked on Saturday, in a drone assault linked to Iran, interrupted about 5.7 million barrels of crude oil production, over 5 percent of the world's daily supply. "Blaming Iran won't end disaster".

The attack will likely rattle oil markets and cast a shadow on Aramco's preparations for what could be the world's biggest stake sale.

The senior official told ABC News the president is fully aware that Iran is responsible, but he wants the Saudis to acknowledge it if they want USA help.

S&P Global Platts expects Saudi Arabia to be able to maintain supply in the short term by using reserves, but their analysts are watching out for any sign that production will be hurt long-term.

In a Twitter post, Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif slammed the USA secretary of state, saying that "having failed at max pressure, Sec Pompeo's turning to max deceit".

Pompeo said Iran was behind almost 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia while leaders in Tehran "pretend to engage in diplomacy".

Trump denies willingness to meet Iran leader with 'no conditions'
And Pompeo told reporters days earlier that "the president has made clear he is happy to take a meeting with no preconditions". But she added the U.S. government will continue with its "maximum pressure campaign in Iran".


He said: "The Americans adopted the "maximum pressure" policy against Iran, which, due to its failure, is leaning toward "maximum lies".

Iran is dismissing US accusations that it was responsible.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif responded with a Sunday tweet of his own, echoing the statement by his ministry's spokesperson.

Hajizadeh, who leads the country's aerospace program, gave an interview published across Iranian media on Sunday that discussed Iran's downing of a United States drone in July. "We are concerned about the impact (of the attack), but so far we hear from port agents that it has been OK", one of the sources said.

It was not just Iran making threats as US Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican close to President Donald Trump, suggested retaliatory strikes targeting Iran.

Car Seat Week Aims To Keep Kids Safe And Alive
Once a child outgrows the rear-facing size limits, the child is ready to travel in a forward-facing vehicle seat with a harness. In a nationwide study, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that two out of three auto seats are misused.


Latest News