Barcelona star Samuel Umtiti breaks silence on Arsenal transfer rumours

The Cirque du Soleil Messi10 show will premiere on October 10

World Cup winner linked with Arsenal move addresses rumours - why the Gunners were right to not sign him

Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti has laughed off reviews that Arsenal tried to signal him over the summer time regardless of Alexandre Lacazette making a plea for the centre-back to affix.

Umtiti has not featured for Barca since the La Liga season kicked off last month with Clement Lenglet laying claim to the center back position.

With Arsenal not in the Champions League, however, the club may have to wait until the summer to try and tempt Umtiti into leaving the Spanish champions.

The Frenchman was tipped to be involved in Barcelona's player-plus-cash deal for PSG's Neymar, whilst there was also talk of a permanent move to Arsenal before they recruited David Luiz from Chelsea.

'Honestly, I don't know the place this hearsay with Arsenal got here from, ' he stated in response to the video.

Brexit: Parliament to be suspended after election vote
Johnson held talks with his Irish counterpart Leo Varadkar in Dublin before returning to the parliamentary turmoil later Monday. Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson sits in the back of a vehicle as he leaves parliament in London , Monday, Sept. 9, 2019.


Overnight, I received messages from my friends 'ah, so you are joining Arsenal?' I'm not, I'm sorry but I'm staying at Barcelona.

Injury restricted Umiti to just 15 appearances in all competitions last season, while further problems have ruled him out of the France squad for the latest round of worldwide fixtures.

"I had discussions with my agent to tell him that whatever was happening he did not even need to talk to me about it".

But the 25-year-old insists he was never close to joining the Gunners and that Neymar interest was completely unrelated to his future.

"My goal since I was a kid was to play for Barcelona". Last season was the most hard of my career, especially in terms of injuries'.

Mort de John Wesley, vu dans "Le Prince de Bel Air", à 72 ans
J'ai le cœur brisé d'avoir perdu un ami proche aujourd'hui", a écrit son manager et producteur, Gerry Pass, dans un communiqué. Né en 1947, John Wesley a obtenu différents diplômes et a fait la guerre du Vietnam avant de commencer sa carrière d'acteur .


He added: "Exchange coin for Neymar?"

"Everyone has their wish list, everyone does, but if you look at the way Leo and Cristiano are still playing, even at what you might think is the later stage of their careers, I don't see it ending for them", the 44-year-old ex-England captain said.

Ernesto Valverde's men, who host Valencia on Saturday, are already without star forwards Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez due to foot and calf problems respectively.

He told Betfair: "Barcelona have only won one of their first three matches in La Liga but it's still very early in the season and I don't find reasons to be too concerned".

Papi's Back: David Ortiz throws out 1st pitch at Fenway
On June 9th, 2019 , Ortiz was shot in the back at point blank range while eating outside at a restaurant in the DR. Ortiz, who spent 14 seasons with the Sox, helping the team win three World Series, retired from baseball in 2016.


Latest News