A Kansas City woman got the surprise of a lifetime after seeing a doctor for "water in her left ear".
She woke up Wednesday morning with popping and swishing sounds in her ear.
The doctors "had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out", Torres said.
Torres told American media outlet 41 Action News, "She [the medical assistant] ran out and said I'm going to get a couple more people".
Representative Seth Moulton ends bid for Democratic presidential nomination
In 2018 , Moulton, a combat veteran, won with about 65 percent of the vote over Republican challenger Joseph Schneider. Moulton dropped out earlier Friday, ending a campaign based on his moderate politics and military service.
Luckily, the spider did not bite her.
It is a rare event indeed, but Torres isn't taking any chances with letting another spider into her ears.
"I went and put some cotton balls in my ears last night because I didn't have any ear plugs", Torres said. "It was like when you went swimming and you have all of that water in your ear".
Torres was lucky as the spider did not bite her, but those who feel the pain of a brown recluse bite can suffer from itching, muscle pain and fever.
Torres said, while she did not know exactly what was in her ear at that point, she did not panic.
US Supreme Court judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for tumour on pancreas
The setback does not appear to have slowed the 86-year-old's summer schedule, other than one cancelled visit to Santa Fe. The tumor was " treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body", the court said.
She thinks it might have entered her ear while she was sleeping, so now she doesn't take any chances.
Torres said she continued to remain calm.
According to the CDC, the brown recluse is one of two venomous spiders found in the US, along with black widows.
The brown recluse spider, also known as the violin spider, is most commonly found in the Midwestern and southern states of the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Brown recluse venom is not considered deadly.
Man CRUSHED by elevator in nightmarish incident in luxury Manhattan high-rise
However, the lift kept going down and he attempted to rush through the door before he was caught. Other residents in the building have spoken about the elevators since Waisbren's death, too.