Trump agreed to send more troops to the Middle East

Trump to order additional forces to Middle East

US On Verge of Sending More Troops to Middle East

Donald Trump has ordered another 1,500 U.S. troops to the Middle East and overruled Congressional objections to sell £6.3 billion in weapons to America's Arab allies amid ongoing tensions with Iran. Shanahan said Thursday that the request was part of a "normal back and forth" with CENTCOM, but added that it was "at a higher-elevated level, given all the dynamics there in the Middle East". Some lawmakers expressed concerns that the move would set a risky precedent for the White House to operate unilaterally without congressional oversight.

These moves come after White House officials spent weeks deliberately raising tensions with Iran. "We'll be sending a relatively small number of troops". At the same time, they considered the economic means which Trump has used to those of a military nature and concluded that the latter "proved ineffective in changing the regime's behaviour". The 1,500 troops include personnel manning missile defense systems, aerial surveillance to spot threats and engineers to fortify defenses.

A USA move to send more troops to the Middle East after accusing Tehran of being behind attacks on tankers in the region is "extremely unsafe".

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., passes reporters as he and other congressional leaders head to a classified briefing on Iran after members of both parties asked for more information on the White House's claims of rising threats in the Middle East, at the Capitol in Washington, May 16, 2019.

The Pentagon said the troop movement was in response to several incidents it believes were caused by the Iranian government. His approach, which was also adopted by the 37th President of the United States Richard Nixon during the Vietnam War, usually sees a leader giving the impression they are ready to do anything to achieve their goal.

A 'violent tornado' has touched down in Missouri
Many trees were down, and a couple of other homes in the area sustained minor damage, authorities said. "But we'll all make it". After the storm had passed, he went outside to see the damage: "There's basically one building that's basically one story now".


The escalation of the U.S. military presence follows a decision in early May to send an aircraft carrier strike force and B-52 bombers in a show of force against what Washington's leaders believed was an imminent Iranian plan to attack U.S. assets.

The Pentagon said that none of the 1,500 soldiers would be headed for potential hotspots like Iraq or Syria.

Last week, it was reported that Defense Department officials-at the urging of ultra-hawkish National Security Advisor John Bolton-were revising contingency plans to send 120,000 troops to the Middle East in the event Iran attacked USA troops in the region or ramped up its nuclear program.

American military officials said Friday that Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) is directly responsible for attacks on tankers off the United Arab Emirates earlier this month.

Admiral Gilday also accused Iran-backed "proxy" forces of carrying out a rocket attack in Baghdad's Green Zone last week. "Never threaten the United States again!"

Theresa May Quits, But Brexit Puzzle Remains
A vote by MPs on her Brexit deal - already rejected three times by MPs - has been postponed, many believe indefinitely. They have to agree on a way for British citizens to continue to live and work in the European Union , and vice versa.


Though Trump emphasized to reporters Friday he doesn't want war with Iran, moves like that can have unsafe consequences.

Iran has threatened to abandon the multi-nation nuclear deal of 2015 that remains in place despite Trump's withdrawal from the agreement a year ago.

USA officials said the aim of the deployment was both to extend greater protection to the 70,000 U.S. forces in the Middle East and Afghanistan, and to deliver a message to Iran to refrain from attacks. They can not have nuclear weapons and under the Obama awful agreement, they would have had nuclear weapons within five or six years. "And they understand that". While little has been made public about that information, Newsweek learned that it involved satellite imagery purporting to show Iran was arming vessels with missiles near the Strait of Hormuz-the world's most important oil traffic chokepoint-and intelligence involving the activities of Iran-backed militias in Iraq, from which the USA has pulled diplomatic staff. "We do not want the situation to escalate", he said.

Earlier this month, an initial USA military assessment found that "Iranian or Iranian-backed proxies" were behind the attacks.

But only on Thursday, Mr Trump said that he did not think more troops would be needed.

Le président du PSG mis en examen — Corruption
Il aurait reçu la notification de sa mise en examen par courrier, selon des sources concordantes . A l'époque, le Qatar ambitionne d'accueillir les Mondiaux d'athlétisme de 2017 et les JO de 2020.


Latest News