First victim burial to take place today

Mourners paying their respects at a makeshift memorial near the Masjid Al Noor mosque Saturday

Christchurch Students Remember Victims During Muslim Call to Prayer

Hamza was a talented horse rider and loved to play soccer and go fishing, his classmates at Cashmere High School remembered.

Hamza's younger brother Zaed, 13, suffered gunshot wounds to the leg in the attack. The boy tried to stand during the ceremony but had to sit back in his wheelchair, one mourner said. It's them we need to honour.

Sheik Taj El-Din Hilaly, of Sydney, travelled to Christchurch to attend or lead some of the funerals.

The Mustafas had moved to New Zealand last year, after spending six years as refugees in Jordan.

She added: "But it wasn't".

The body of a victim of the mosque attacks is carried during the burial ceremony at the Memorial Park Cemetery in Christchurch, New Zealand March 20, 2019.

It is the latest in a series of gatherings taking place across New Zealand to show solidarity with the victims.

At the same press conference, Ms Ardern said there would be two minutes of silence, with the call to prayer broadcast on RNZ and TVNZ.

Michigan State-Michigan rematch for third time this season
In a lot of ways, this bracket feels very similar to the one that MI basketball won last season in order to reach the Final Four. CBS sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson said Ahrens might even return to the bench on crutches in the second half.


"After that, I heard shooting and he screamed and after that I didn't hear him", she continued.

She said 30 of the victim's bodies have been identified and approved for release. Islamic funerals typically are held as soon as possible after death.

Near the mosque, members of rival gangs did a Maori haka, a powerful indigenious ceremonial performance, and a crowd of people sung New Zealand's national anthem as the sun set. The fourth victim's name was suppressed by court order.

She said: "I implore you, speak the names of those who were lost rather than the name of the man who took them".

"We strongly believe we stopped him on the way to a further attack, so lives were saved", Bush said, according to The Washington Post.

The move had raised concerns he would use the trial as a platform for his racist views.

The 50 worshippers were attending two mosques in the southern New Zealand city last Friday when a white supremacist gunmen opened fire. "That's something we can all do".

Twenty-nine people wounded in the attacks remained in hospital, eight still in intensive care.

Konami Announces Three Classic Collections: Arcade, Castlevania, Contra
Dubbed the Anniversary Collection, each pack contains loads of classic games to choose from. The Konami Anniversary Collection series has been announced by the company.


Australian Brenton Tarrant, 28, has been charged with murder in connection with the March 15 shooting.

Under New Zealand law, a trial is "to determine innocence or guilt", Peters said.

Ardern said while her focus was on the people of New Zealand, there were issues world leaders needed "to confront collectively".

"While it will be in Christchurch we want to involve the rest of New Zealand".

If found guilty, he faces up to 14 years in jail.

Dressed scruffily in grey tracksuit pants, a dirty blue T-shirt and striped socks but no shoes, Arps listened intently while District Judge Stephen O'Driscoll told him he was not required to enter a plea. The judge made an additional suppression order regarding the police summary of facts in the case, limiting reporting of the accusations to the charges themselves.

New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said police have now formally identified and released the remains of 21 of those killed. Since then, builders, painters, glaziers and carpet layers have been seen working furiously to make sure the mosque is ready for worship this week.

In a rambling "manifesto", the gunman had said he was motivated partly by a desire to stoke a violent response from Muslims and a religious war between Islam and the West.

Hazard: "I'm Not Working" On A Move To Real Madrid
But the Red Devils will be aware that his contract is set to expire in the summer of 2021. We don't know what the future holds. "At the moment, I'm happy in Manchester".


Latest News