Texas Man Dies After Exploding Vape Pen Severs Major Artery

Authorities say William Brown died after the e-cigarette he was using exploded

Authorities say William Brown died after the e-cigarette he was using exploded

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said the exploding device severed his left internal carotid artery.

Brown, who wasn't a regular smoker, purchased the device on January 27 while on the way to the bank, the grandmother told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

She said she believes William Brown was attempting to get help.

"It just hurts so bad", she said.

Brown was rushed to the hospital and his grandmother said he was talking when he arrived.

What’s New In iOS 12.2 Beta 2: New Animojis And More
Its 6.1-inch LCD screen is bigger than its competitor, but the iPhone X's 5.8-inch screen has a sharper AMOLED display. Refurbished iPhone X models are also available in the United Kingdom , at £769 and £899, respectively.


The 24-year-old managed to get out of the auto and find help. Mr Brown was placed in an induced coma, but eventually passed away.

It was apparently the first time the young man had ever used an e-cigarette. "When they x-rayed him, they found the stem, the metal embedded to where the blood flows up to the brain".

Fort Worth, Texas man, William Brown.Pictured the Smoke & Vape DZ store where the victim's grandmother said William Brown purchased the vaping device, but employees say Mr Brown never entered the store.

Brown had gone into the shop to ask for help using his vape pen, but did not buy anything, according to KTVT.

His death marks the second recent death from an exploding e-cigarette among thousands of injuries and burns.

Emiliano Sala : Nantes réclame le paiement à Cardiff
Les deux clubs s'étaient entendus sur un versement en trois fois, comme cela est relativement courant dans les grosses transactions.


There were 195 separate e-cigarette fire and explosion incidents in the United States reported by the media between 2009 and 2016, according to a report by the US Fire Administration. Of those cases, 133 people were injured, 38 of them severely.

A Texas woman says her grandson died after a vape pen exploded while trying to use it. The agency notes that most explosions occur while the device's battery is charging.

It's unclear what company created the vape pen in question.

"That's one of the reasons we don't allow them at special events or any type of indoor facilities, just because they are unsafe and hazardous", Lawrence said.

A man was hospitalized after a vape pen exploded, leaving him with a shattered jaw on November 15, 2018. "He has several years to reconstruct his mouth".

Un incendie à Paris fait des morts et blessés (Vidéos)
D'après les témoignages de Nicolas , habitant de l'immeuble d'en face, une femme a crié tellement fort qu'ils étaient tous sortis. On en sait un peu plus sur cette femme que les enquêteurs suspectent d'être à l'origine du drame.


Speaking with WFAA News, the 24-year-old's grandmother said Brown had borrowed her vehicle to run some errands, including stopping by a vape shop.

Latest News