While the main focus of Christiansen's statement is to support Ronaldo's innocence and cast doubt on some of the public evidence against him, it's also worth noting that he is confirming the existence of the original settlement in 2009, something Ronaldo's team was previously slow to do.
"We stand by our reporting".
Las Vegas police have reopened the investigation and want to question the Portuguese in the United States, although Ronaldo recently put out a statement insisting he is calm as he feels he did not commit any crime.
"This hacker attempted to sell this data, and one media outlet has now irresponsibly published the stolen documents, significant portions of which were altered and/or completely fabricated". By 2015, dozens of entities (including law firms) in different parts of Europe were attacked and their electronic data stolen by a cyber criminal.
Mayorga says she came forward with the claims - which first appeared in German outlet Der Spiegel - after suffering continued trauma over the alleged incident, and having been emboldened by the MeToo movement.
That is nearly certainly a reference to Der Spiegel, the German publication which reported the existence of Ronaldo's settlement in 2017 and published Mayorga's account last month.
Oil Drops as US Considers Granting Countries Waivers on Iran Sanctions
The text on the screen from source in Turkish reads: "nine people enter from airport's E Gate on October 2, 2018 around 03:37". The channel said the van then drove some 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) to the consul's home, where it parked inside a garage.
He added: "The documents that allegedly contain statements by Mr Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure inventions".
Wednesday's statement from Ronaldo's lawyer said the player "expresses full confidence that the truth will prevail".
Mayorga, 34, claims that she was paid to sign a non-disclosure agreement in 2010 but has now chose to go public with her allegations.
Peter Christiansen said there was nothing suspicious about Ronaldo paying Ms Mayorga $350,000 (£266,000) to keep quiet about what the player claims was consensual sex at a Las Vegas hotel, in 2009. Ronaldo's lawyer in Berlin, Christian Schertz, has refused comment about the rape allegation.
Ronaldo and his representatives quickly dismissed the rumours and even threatened to take the publication to court, while other reports have suggested that his sponsors are massively concerned about the allegations against him.
"Now, Mr Ronaldo admits that he agreed to that settlement".
Hurricane Michael set to be strongest storm to ever hit Florida Panhandle
The Weather Channel warns of "catastrophic storm surge" and incredibly high speed winds associated with the storm. So it will take some time for the full scale of the property damage from hurricane Michael to be understood.
"In both civil and criminal cases, disputes regarding the accuracy of documents are generally questions of fact to be decided by the jury".
"Any document or information under the control or in the possession of Cristiano Ronaldo should be immediately turned over to the appropriate law enforcement agencies and the offices of Stovall & Associates to expedite the investigation and resolution of the alleged discrepancies in the "Football Leaks" documents". They did not do that.
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri said Ronaldo was "doing well" despite the allegation against him.
"It's not our job to judge".
Speaking further, he noted there was an agreement between Ronaldo and Mayorga in 2010, but the latter has not kept to the terms reached.
Benzema Tells FFF Chief Le Graet 'Leave Me Alone'
The player himself also spoke out, calling on Le Graet to "forget" about him at a time when France should be celebrating. "Mr. Le Graet I ask you to forget about me and to leave me in peace", Benzema wrote.