DRC: Doctor stricken with Ebola in rebel stronghold

Olivia Acland  Reuters

Olivia Acland Reuters

His symptoms haven't led to a positive Ebola test yet, but it can take up to 21 days for this to occur, and his wife has officially contracted the disease.

According to the DRC's ministry of health yesterday, Ebola case counts held steady from the previous day, at 103 (76 confirmed). There were also 11 cases of Ebola in the United States tied to the outbreak, including four deaths. Several civilians have been murdered by the militia.

WHO's head of emergency operations, Dr. Peter Salama, issued a statement about the precarious situation. Hostages have also been taken, including government officials, priests, and aid workers. "Every person knows that radius incorporates an accessible inhabitants."That is the tenth outbreak in DRC since 1976, and the brand new outbreak is now in six clear areas along the nation's eastern border.Instances in Oicha screen challengingSalama acknowledged the case involving the physician was confirmed earlier this week in Oicha, a city 30 kilometers east of Beni, including that there are as many as two more suspected cases in that city".

Trump executive granted immunity in Cohen inquiry
But federal prosecutors in NY quickly subpoenaed Weisselberg to appear before a grand jury. Cohen's lawyer has said his client is "more than happy" to help the collusion inquiry.


Instead, local health workers in those areas are monitoring the contacts and no Ebola cases have yet been confirmed there.

"Ebola Treatment Units are where patients can get the best care possible - with access to rehydration methods and protection from infecting their family and community", Yonas Tegegn Woldemariam, Uganda's WHO Representative said. "Once they reach Oicha, they are able to move within Oicha town more freely, because the town itself is a yellow zone from a security perspective", he explained. "It really was the problem we were anticipating and the problem at same time that we were dreading", he told a news briefing.

WHO Director-General (on right) visits Ebola response center in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Le héros de guerre et ancien candidat présidentiel John McCain n'est plus
Sa famille avait annoncé vendredi qu'il avait décidé de cesser tout traitement, face à l'avancée inexorable de la maladie. John McCain , mort samedi 25 août à l'âge de 81 ans, avait gardé toute sa vie des séquelles physiques de ces tortures.


"We are at quite a pivotal moment in this outbreak in terms of the evolution of the outbreak epidemiologically and in terms of the response", he said.

Since Aug. 8, more than 2,000 people have been vaccinated, OCHA said.

After its widely-criticised handling of the 2013-2016 West Africa Ebola epidemic that killed 11,300 people, World Health Organization pledged to revamp its response systems.

Schalke 04 prépare-t-il déjà le départ de Bentaleb — Mercato
Titulaire important au sein de l'équipe allemande, Nabil Bentaleb est également un élément important de la sélection algérienne. Voyons les chiffres qui le concerne, pour avoir une idée de ce que cela pourrait coûter à l'OM, de recruter Nabil Bentaleb ...


A joint United Nations-Ministry of Health team is implementing activities to combat the Ebola outbreak including alerts investigation. Because of this, he said that the response to its threat must be stronger than ever before.

Latest News