Man Killed After Being Sucked Into MRI Scanner At Indian Hospital

Mumbai Man dies after being sucked into MRI machine CM Fadnavis announces Rs 5 lakh compensation

Man Killed After Being Sucked Into MRI Scanner At Indian Hospital

In 2001 a six-year-old boy died after undergoing an MRI scan in NY when the machine's powerful magnetic field jerked a metal oxygen tank across the room, crushing his head.

According to the eyewitnesses, 32-year-old Rajesh Maru was asked to carry an oxygen cylinder inside the MRI room by a wardboy in the hospital.

The cylinder activated the powerful magnetic fields of the MRI machine which pulled Maru at full force and the cylinder got ruptured, releasing gas, which complicated matters.

Enquête de la justice américaine — Bridage d'anciens iPhone
La marque a présenté des excuses et lancé un programme de remplacement de batterie à tarif préférentiel. L'enquête est encore à un stade préliminaire et il n'est pas sûr qu'elle soit suivie de sanctions.


The ward boy ostensibly ignored the stringent guidelines that bar all metallic objects - including such cylinders, items of jewellery or even metallic fibres and implanted metallic medical devices - inside the scanning room. Employees said that the oxygen tank's knob broke open, causing the leak and Maru to inhale extreme amounts of oxygen.

A doctor and two hospital assistants were arrested on suspicion of negligence. "An inquiry is on", said Dr Ramesh Bharmal, Dean, Nair Hospital. The family says no guard tried to stop them from entering the MRI room.

The Agripada police station has registered a case and arrestred three persons, Dr Saurabh Lanjrekar (24), ward boy Vithal Chavan (35) and attendant Sunita Surve (35), and booked them under the IPC's section 304A (negligence causing death; a bailable offence).

Google a détecté plus de 700.000 applis Android mal intentionnées
C'est ainsi que l'entreprise explique avoir en 2017 supprimé septante pour cent d'applis en plus que durant l'année précédente. Cela a permis au géant américain d'éradiquer pas moins de 100 000 " mauvais " développeurs d'applications en 2017.


A postmortem report said he died from excessive air entering his lung, according to the Indian Express. In 2014 also this has happened when two hospital workers sustained injuries because they got pinned between an MRI machine and a metal oxygen tank for nearly four hours at a hospital in New Delhi. He seemed to have died instantly because of that. "No one gave us instructions".

Senior Police Inspector Savalaram Agawane said the hospital employees were detained for questioning on Sunday and arrested by the evening.

Then for reasons undisclosed he was asked to carry the oxygen cylinder by a junior member of staff who assured him the machine was switched off.

Enquête pour viol : Tariq Ramadan placé en garde à vue
L'essayiste Caroline Fourest , qui a indiqué avoir remis des documents aux enquêteurs, a également été auditionnée. Il a catégoriquement démenti ces accusations depuis le début de l'affaire.


Latest News